Victims of car accidents are entitled to compensation for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and for permanent injury or disfigurement. Please be aware that adjusters and insurers may try to take advantage of victims who are not represented by an attorney experienced in Oregon accident law. When you have a car accident lawyer from Zemper Eiva Law on your side, rest assured we protect your interests and handle all aspects of your claim for you. We take care of everything so you can get back to your life.
Despite what the insurance companies may say…
Do not count on either insurance company to look out for your best interests. It is rare that an accident victim will “come out ahead” in an injury settlement without consulting an experienced personal injury lawyer. Many people believe their own insurance company is there to protect them in these situations, only to find out that is not the case. Even your own insurance carrier does not have your best interests as their guide to how to handle your claim. You need someone on your side to make sure you are protected and compensated fairly.
When dealing with an insurance company and insurance adjusters…
It is important to know that they will try to settle for the best deal for them and often attempt to take advantage of you. In order to be fully compensated it is best to seek the help of attorneys who will protect your interests. The car accident lawyers at Zemper Eiva Law are familiar with the many tactics insurance companies use to get you to settle quickly and for less compensation that you deserve.
When Zemper Eiva Law handles your case, there will be no advance fees or other advance payments required. There are no out of pocket expenses for you when you work with our car accident lawyers. Our fees come from what we can recover for you. If you recover nothing, you owe us nothing.
The Right Car Accident Lawyers for Oregon
We invite you to call us today at 541-636-7480 if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident. There are no out of pocket expenses for you and we do not collect attorney fees until you are compensated. Do not hesitate to call us today for a no risk consultation so we can evaluate your claim.
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident contact our office today. The personal injury attorneys at Zemper Eiva Law will navigate your claim for you and work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve. We do not collect any attorney fees until you are compensated. We are centrally located in Eugene and practice statewide throughout Oregon. Our car accident lawyers will investigate each accident individually and provide the strongest possible presentation.
Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants Crashes – The Civil Claim
People who commit the crime of Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUII) are responsible for nearly 1/3 of all traffic deaths in the United States. According to the National Department of Transportation these impaired drivers are frequently repeat offenders. Their habitual destructive and devastating behavior inflicts a heavy burden of death and/or injury to innocent victims. The personal injury attorneys at Zemper Eiva Law fight to make sure these innocent victims and survivors are compensated for the selfish and reckless acts of DUII offenders. The attorneys at Zemper Eiva Law have the extensive experience necessary to give you the best possible representation your civil claim arising from a DUII crash.
According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), over 1.2 million drivers are arrested annually for driving under the influence. MADD further explained that 30-35% of all traffic deaths can be connected to a driver who had drugs or alcohol in their system when behind the wheel.
Oregon is following the national trend of making laws stricter and punishments harsher for DUII offenders. Legislators understand the significant threats these drivers pose to the safety of our communities. Local prosecutors are highly trained and dedicate significant time and resources to the prosecution of DUII drivers, but the victims in these cases require legal actions beyond the criminal case.
Anyone who causes an accident while driving under the influence of alcohol or another substance is considered negligent. Sadly, this is of little comfort to those who endure serious injury or loss of a loved one in an intoxicant-related accident. Serious compensation, while owed to these victims, will never make up for the physical and emotional costs endured. A driver convicted of DUII has the liability to pay for all damages, but may not be the only person considered negligent or liable.
Providing the alcohol may also serve as grounds to be considered negligent and liable for damages. There are laws that impose liability on bars, clubs, restaurants, or hotels which supply liquor improperly. In such cases, a business is expected to exercise due care and not to serve anyone who is obviously intoxicated. Even someone outside of such a business may incur liability for supplying liquor to a driver who subsequently has an accident that injured or killed another. The host of a party may be liable if he or she continues to allow a guest to imbibe after it is obvious the guest is intoxicated. We hold offenders and third parties accountable to help keep all Oregon families safe from future harm.
While bars and advertisements for alcoholic products often outwardly encourage people to “drink responsibly,” in some cases, the establishments or bartenders serving these drinks may be at least partially liable for a patron’s alcohol-related injury or death. Under certain circumstances, bars can—and should—be held responsible for over-serving patrons.
CAUTION: Dram Shop cases must be filed quickly – It is important to be aware of the very strict statute of limitations in these cases. While the normal statute of limitations for an injury accident claim is two years in Oregon, anyone filing a notice of a Dram Shop claim must do so within 180 days of the accident.
If you think you may have a third party liability case, contact the personal injury attorneys at Zemper Eiva Law today. This type of claim cannot wait.
Your Personal Injury Claim – Common Damages and Injuries
Types of Damages That Can Be Recovered
If you are involved in an auto accident you may be able to recover a number of different types of damages. Typical auto accident personal injury claim damages include any or all of the following:
• Car Repairs. If your car has been damaged in any form or fashion, you are allowed to file for property damages. These damages pay for dents, scratches, broken glass, mechanical issues, and anything else that affects the value or functionality of your car.
• Car Replacement. If the insurance company decides your car is “totaled,” you will be able to recover enough damages to replace the value of your existing vehicle.
• Past Medical Expenses. If you were hurt in the accident, you can recover damages for your medical bills and expenses related to the crash. These can be minimal to extensive in nature.
• Future Medical Expenses. Serious injuries often leave the victim with the need for future or ongoing medical attention. In this case, you can recover damages for future medical expenses. These figures are typically estimated using standard costs.
• Pain and Suffering. In addition to the actual physical injuries, damages can be recovered for the amount of physical pain endured or mental anguish suffered. These figures are sometimes difficult to reach, but can include everything from the need for pain medication to not being able to play with your children.
• Loss of Past Wages. If your injuries caused you to miss work or lose a percentage of your income, you should be able to recover damages to compensate for these wages.
• Loss of Earning Capacity. If your injury prohibits you from continuing your career in the future, you can recover damages for the loss of earning capacity over the amount of time you will be incapable of working.
Common Car Accident Injuries
• Back and Neck Injuries. Because of the amount of force and violence most high-speed collisions cause, back and neck injuries are commonly reported among drivers and passengers. These are usually spine-related and include disc displacement, fractures, or nerve damage. Back and neck injuries typically have long-lasting symptoms and require ongoing medical attention.
• Brain Injuries. In serious cases, brain injuries can result. Referred to as traumatic brain injury, symptoms can be as mild as headaches or as severe as permanent brain damage.
• Facial Injuries. Drivers and passengers often suffer mild to severe facial injuries when involved in impact collisions. These injuries are usually a result of coming into contact with the steering wheel, dashboard, seatback, or airbag. Facial injuries include cuts, fractures, bleeding, and dislocations.
• Broken Bones. Broken bones are very common in car accidents and often include arms, legs, wrists, collarbone, neck, or back. In addition to actual breaks, minor fractures, dislocations, and deep bone bruising often occur.
• Internal Injuries. While many injuries are visible from the outside, some of the more serious occur internally. These could include ruptured organs, internal bleeding, tears, or other structural damage.
Zemper Eiva Law LLC is a Eugene, Oregon based personal injury law firm. We are dedicated to helping clients statewide receive the compensation they need to take care of themselves and loved ones after suffering a serious injury caused by the wrongful conduct of others.